We check out websites and apps to help you save money!
- CitiesOnTheCheap searches for the best local deals and freebies and then combines them into one daily newsletter for members. This site also gives you current Groupon specials and even provides coupon downloads.
- The DealQueens stopped driving all over town to find the cheapest gas and now use GasBuddy to find the best gas prices wherever we are. GasBuddy gets price reports from users, and posts where to find the least expensive gas near your home, work or vacation spot.
- The DealQueens understand that most people really do not have time to track sales and clip coupons on their own. So let CouponMom.com do the work for you. The site claims to help you cut your grocery bills by 40 to 50 percent or more. The site is free to join, and provides weekly shopping advice to more than 3 million members.
- If you need designer clothing but can’t afford the price try RentTheRunway. This site can help you wear the latest designer fashions at less than 10 percent of the retail cost. Membership is free, and RentTheRunway even sends you two different sizes!
- Deal Queens use the site RetailMeNot to get coupon codes without any hassle. This site provides one of the largest and most accurate lists of online coupon codes, which helps you score free shipping or huge discounts on many of your purchases. We like that site users rate each code for accuracy, and make corrections. Best of all there is no need to sign up to see the codes.
- Get a navigation program and save the $50+ for the name brands. Use Waze, a social navigation system that allows you to alert other drivers to road hazards, police, and traffic. The best part, others alert you too! Earn points and make a game of it.
- Wear designer brands and never pay full price! ShopitToMe is a great site that lets you choose your favorite brands, sizes, and location. They email you information on sales in all your favorite items!
- Need to be reminded to exercise? OfficeFitness allows you to set the type of exercise you want to do, whether you will be sitting or standing, and when you want to do it. It’s a free fitness coach that shows you how to do the exercises at the times you request. They mix up the workout every time so you never get bored! A team of Osteopaths, physical therapists and yoga teachers created OFFICE FITNESS, the ideal app for everyone who spends long hours sitting but wants to keep physically fit in just a few minutes of daily workout.
- You can get more weight loss, diet, and exercise support by joining SparkPeople. From the owner: This site really is free– with no strings attached. Over 13 million people around the world have signed up for SparkPeople.com to lose weight and make healthy lifestyle changes. SparkPeople can be free because my wife and I were very early eBay employees and are now using our earnings from its success to make the world a healthier place. Join today to see what everyone is talking about.